Keeping Your Child Safe at Hahn School
In case of an accident requiring the services of a doctor, we request that parents keep us informed of any changes of address or phone numbers. We will make every effort to contact a parent
before the child is taken to a doctor. If it is necessary for a student to go home because of illness, contagious health problem, or injury, the parent or person listed on the emergency card
(if the parent cannot be contacted) will be requested to pick the child up in the office. Please remember that we cannot keep a seriously ill child at school. In the event of a serious
illness or accident, Hahn School personnel will:
- Contact parents when possible.
- Contact other authorized persons listed on the child's emergency card, if possible.
- Contact child's physician if above persons cannot be reached.
- In extreme emergencies, an ambulance will be called, and the child will be taken directly to the hospital. The parents will be contacted.
- We will keep an Authorization to Consent to Treatment of a Minor signed by you at the school. This allows the hospital to treat life threatening and non-life threatening conditions, i.e.,
x-rays, sutures, etc.